Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Blogging 101.

As a new blogger this past semester, I can honestly say that I have thoroughly enjoyed writing blogs.  In terms of journalistic writing, I really enjoy writing opinion pieces or editorials-- so for me, blogging is a way to expand on this type of writing while also being able to read others opinions.  As far as the blogging goes relative to our journalism class, I feel like the main issue that kept creeping up is the fact that we all don't know how to blog.  If you read blogs of professional writers or journalists, they aren't sob stories or bitchfests--they are a credible way to express your opinion and become educated of others as well.  In saying so, I think that we should have--as a class--gotten a tutorial on 'correct' blogging.  If we all would have correctly blogged, I think that it not only would have benefitted us more in terms of upping our writing abilities & increasing our knowledge, but we all could have potentially had a more positive experience towards blogging.
But like I said, it's safe to say that I have enjoyed blogging and was happy to finally have the push into starting one.  I hope to continue blogging after this class--because I feel that because blogs are becoming a larger part of journalism, it will some day become a useful tool in landing a job. I feel like I might be alone on this one though....

No comments:

Post a Comment