Thursday, April 14, 2011

Two and a half weeks....

....that's all we have left. Only two and a half weeks left of classes, then we'll be welcoming summer break with open arms. After a painfully long winter, I highly doubt anyone is going to be frowning to good weather, a three month break from class, vacations, grilling out, etc. What is a scary thought though is I still do not know what I'm doing in these three weeks.  I have yet to find an internship, even after sending out 15+ applications & resumes.  And since I have been so focused on searching for an internship, I have yet to search for jobs. I can't imagine this feeling next year when I will be finally graduating.  After talking to many of my friends who are seniors, they are in the same boat as me, but multiply that same feeling of anxiety by 100.
At a time like this, it's hard not to remember the days of riding my bike around the neighborhood and attending summer themed birthday parties, going door to door asking someone if they can play, or going to soccer games & getting oranges at half time...I'll say it, I miss being a little kid. And as I quickly grow up to the point where I'm almost completely on my own, I only wish I could go back to living a carefree life.
For now, though, I just need to focus on these next three weeks.  On top of the stress of trying to figure out summer plans, I need to maintain most of my focus on finishing final projects & papers, studying for exams....but most importantly of course, WITTFEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment