Thursday, March 31, 2011

[insert fist pump]

Everyone has a dirty little secret. What's mine? Trash TV.  I'll proudly admit it...I am an avid viewer of MTV. Ya know, the station with all of the ridiculously dumb shows like Jersey Shore, The Real World, or Teen Mom (just to name a few). I have at least one TV show that I watch every night:

Mondays: Skins
Tuesdays: Teen Mom
Wednesdays: The Real World & Million Dollar Listing
Thursdays: Grey's Anatomy & Jersey Shore
Sundays: Kim & Kourtney take Miami & Holly's World

So I'll admit it--I'm a junkie.  Looking at my schedule above is a little disgusting, but after a long day of class & homework, it's my way to unwind. I put on my sweats, jump into bed (as long as all of my work is completed of course), grab a snack and sit back to watch people make a fool of themselves.
I did get some reassurance when I was able to use my unhealthy obsession for a comm presentation in my Media Lit class. I was actually required to watch as many episodes of the Jersey Shore & The Real World so I could later write a paper and give a presentation over what I was watching--I can maybe leave out the fact that what I was studying was the disturbing amount of violence occurring throughout these shows....
But let's look on the bright side--what am I 'learning' from these shows?
1. Don't ever drink an excessive amount of alcohol because I don't want to make myself look like one of the Jersey Shore cast members.
2. Don't get pregnant--I'll just end up in a custody battle with my mother.
3. Don't ever try to maintain a relationship as unhealthy as Ronnie & Sam's.
4. Don't date guys like Kiefer, let alone named Kiefer.

To sum it up, I've learned some valuable life lessons: don't drink, don't have sex, domestic abuse, relationship advice (obviously if you've never watched any of these shows you won't catch my drift...)
All in all, we all have our unhealthy obsessions. What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment