Thursday, March 31, 2011

Take it or leave it.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011.
8:50am- Making sure all of the classes I want are still available.
8:52am- Find out one of them is already closed.
8:52am- Find another open class--it's boring & not anything that is relatable to my interests.
8:55am- Set up my 4 classes on Wittlink.
8:59am- Finger is on the mouse.
9:00am- Clicking, 'SUBMIT'!
9:00:08am- "The course you're trying to register for is full. Please select another course"
....................
Welcome to the past three years of my 'scheduling career'. 
Every year continues to amaze me, not to mention takes away a few years of my life, how difficult it is to get into a class you need let alone have a desire to take. One would think the $44,000 price tag would be a sufficient reason to take relevant classes, but I've been reminded otherwise year after year.
Scheduling week for me is like listening to nails on a chalkboard. I dread it. As a junior, who has now gone through this seven times, I've determined it's almost pointless to map out the classes that I want to take--now I just write what I need to take.  Big difference there. 
So, here's my take--I understand if money is an issue.  Whether or not Wittenberg has have enough resources to hire another professor to teach that extra class then so be it, however, the excuse that I keep hearing is wanting to keep majority of the classes at a 15 student limit, therefore classes can remain a 'lecture seminar'...really? They're putting student's through the stress and frustration so they can keep a 15 limit cap...c'mon, you gotta use the resources that you already have!  
Well, for now I guess all we can do now is sit back and continue to take the pointless, boring classes we don't want to be taking. Thanks, Witt, you're truly too kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment